author: Veronica Roth
publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
genre: Dystopia | Romance | Science Fiction
publication date: 25 April 2011
Things I liked about Divergent:
1. Tris. I thought she was really smart, nice, and a unique person because she always thought about her parents and being afraid to leave them behind and that made me like her a lot because I liked how she cared about her parents. She was also a very interesting character in general because of everything she did and how she did things made her really interesting to me even though I thought she could be dumb in some situations.
2. The plot. I loved the plot because it was so fun to read, and usually not a lot of books make me interested. I really liked how problems rose and how they were solved because it just made me for interested in reading more and to never stop reading it. This book definitely left me wanting more and I think that books that leave you wanting more are the best books.
3. The five factors. I liked the five factors because they were all so different from each other and they were all so unique. I especially liked Dauntless because it was such a tough and cool factor. They were definitely cold, but they were really smart and tough also which made me like them even more.
4. The cover. I liked the cover because it really explained the story and how their world looked like. Even though it was a simple cover it looked really good and interesting.
Things I didn't like about Divergent.
1. Caleb. I liked him at first, but I couldn't believe that he left his parents and that he was that selfish. I get it that he didn't think that he was fit to be in Abnegation, but how could he just leave his parents like that. I don't think that he even thought of them one bit.
2. Erudite. I liked Erudite's personality, but I didn't like how they turned out later on in the story. I would probably choose Erudite, but I would not want to be in whatever they are in later on in the story because that is just messed up.
3. Peter. I hated him because he thought so highly of himself and he didn't think that other people could do what he could do. I really hated him for what he has done to people and I really hated his attitude as well.
Thoughts? Share and Comment Below!