Title: Red Queen (#1)
Author: Victoria Aveyard
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Dystopia
Things I liked about Red Queen (#1):
- I was definitely thrilled. I didn’t know what would happen next and this book was just so interesting to keep on reading. It’s like for a second it is this and then the next it is something completely different. I really liked this book because things were so unexpected and that is what makes me want to read even more.
- Mare. She is a very fascinating and strong person physically and mentally. Mare is my favorite character because she will fight for what she thinks is right and she will not stop until she finishes what she needs to do, I think that is really important and that she has a very good personality. Whether she is driven by courage and bravery or revenge and anger, I will stick by her side until the end of time.
- The beginning. I’m not going to lie I thought the beginning was boring. I didn’t understand what was going on and in my mind, it was all a huge blank spot to me until I was in the second chapter, and things started making more sense.
- The end. I wasn’t expecting it. It was all so unexpected (I don’t know if it was just me that didn’t see it coming), but the unexpected things just made me want to continue reading to see what will happen next.
- The cover. The silver crown and the red blood was such a good combination and it looked beautiful. The silver background also made it look stunning and shiny. Even though the cover is very simple it is still formal and fancy.
Things that I did Not like about Red Queen (#1):
- The Queen. She was honestly hands down irritating throughout the entire book. I wanted to crush her head! She was rude and obnoxious including all the things you can imagine about evil, power hungry.
- *Contains a Spoiler* Maven. I didn’t really like him, because he always just envied people who were better than him. I just thought that his heart was filled to the brim with jealousy and envy that there was no more place for forgiveness and love. I didn’t like his character at first, but I was alright and wary about him later on in the story. Maven's evolution was not kind, nor was it smooth. Even without reading what he was like before, it was quite obvious of his change from innocent (good) to evil. Resulting is a shocking murder.
< 5 Stickies >