Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Review: The Maze Runner (#1) by James Dashner

Tuesday, January 26, 2016
Maze Runner (#1) 
by James Dashner
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Series: The Maze Runner #1
Genres: YA, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Adventure

Find On: Goodreads / Amazon


If you ain’t scared, you ain’t human.

When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his name. He’s surrounded by strangers—boys whose memories are also gone.

Nice to meet ya, shank. Welcome to the Glade.

Outside the towering stone walls that surround the Glade is a limitless, ever-changing maze. It’s the only way out—and no one’s ever made it through alive.

Everything is going to change.

Then a girl arrives. The first girl ever. And the message she delivers is terrifying.

Remember. Survive. Run.
Minho. I thought Minho was such a brave, strong, and adventurous person because he basically took every challenge he had and he wasn't afraid because he was strong and brave. He also stands up for what he believes in which is something I really like about his character throughout the story. 

Thomas. He was a weird character to me at first, but then he was better towards the end and less annoying. Thomas is actually pretty smart and he is definitely a risk taker for his friends because he tries to save them at all cost which is pretty cool about his character. In the story Thomas was a big role and he also was strong and brave like Minho. 

Teresa. I was really confused when she came along because there are no girls there and she was the only one and the last one. But later on I guess it all made sense and things that were once mysteries were soon broken. 

The plot. I thought the plot was a pretty interesting and also abnormal, but it was quite interesting because who would ever think to write a book about a Maze? I really give my thumbs up to this author because this story is really creative and quick-witted and there are not many books out there that are quick-witted.

Characters. I liked some of the characters, but Captain Gally was just extremely annoying throughout the story, I mean I could handle him being annoying at the beginning of the story and not be annoying late on, but he never changed and he just hated Thomas. The other characters like Chuck were really good and nice, but Captain Gally was just hands down annoying. 

The cover. Ok so to be honest I think all covers of books are great because I mean it really takes skill to make every single book cover describing a book because is hard and therefore I like every book cover I come across. The Maze Runner's cover was really creative because it showed the readers how to visualize the Maze. The cover of the Maze also looks really similar to the movie's Maze which is actually pretty neat. 

thoughts? share and comment down below!



No comments :

Post a Comment

under covers + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio