Thursday, March 10, 2016

Review: To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

Thursday, March 10, 2016
To All the Boys I've Loved Before 
by Jenny Han 
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young readers
Series: To All the Boys I've Loved Before #1
Genres: YA, Romance, Contemporary

find this book on:

goodreads | amazon

Rating:


To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it, and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. As she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all.
---

"Not a good-bye letter. "

"Just a plain old love letter. " (quote)

I absolutely loved this book times infinity! I read and read this book within days and every time I opened this book to read I would start smiling because I LOVE CLICHE BOOKS! Judge all you want, but this is such a fascinating book I enjoyed it so much and would recommend it to anyone who loves cliche romance stories. I really liked all of the characters to be honest, but of course I hated the antagonist (Genevieve). 

I always loved Peter because c'mon he's Peter. Lara Jean and him were such a cute couple and I just couldn't! The way that the author described all the characters was amazing! I loved the style of every character and I was just in love and interested in this book the entire time. 

The ending was BAE! OMG I loved the ending because it was just so darn adorable! I love Peter and I still do because he is so polite and cute! I had some parts in the book where I thought he was being pretty unfair to Lara Jean, but he made it up in the cutest way possible!

Peter may be stupid, but it doesn't mean he isn't a good person he is just those people who try to hard when they are already fine. 

(I am literally obsessed with this book rn and I am looking to see if this book is going to become a movie because I will watch it so many times! If it is I am so curious who the cast will be!)

Eh Feelings 

*minor spoilers for All the boys I've loved before

Gosh I hated Josh! I hated him for what he did, it's like how dare he do that just because he is jealous? I was so pissed at him because it's like what the hell! He was really annoying in my opinion for the entire book after he broke up with Margot. I mean I actually liked him in the beginning because he seemed like a pretty nice guy, but he is really irritating.

Genevieve! Oh she is like the worst person in the world! I mean I will give her credit that she is really pretty and all, but that doesn't mean that you treat other people like they are invisible pieces of crap. She is literally the worst person in this book because her objective is to just get Peter back, I'm here thinking move on with your life! Plus she's those people who hold grudges which I hate. 

tell me: did you read this book before? do you want to read this book?  

1 comment :

  1. I pretty enjoyed it! It's my first Jenny Han book, and I think it's pretty cute. Even though I thought Lara was immature at the beginning, but she actually grows. I liked P.S I Still Love You better though. I see you're currently reading it, so I hope you enjoyed it! x

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete

under covers + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio