Monday, February 15, 2016

Review: The Creeping by Alexadra Sirowy

Monday, February 15, 2016
The Creeping 
by Alexandra Siowry
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Pages: 400
Series: None
Genres: YA, Horror, Mystery, Contemporary 
Published On: August 18, 2015

Find On: Goodreads | Amazon


Rating: 


Eleven years ago, Stella and Jeanie disappeared. Stella came back. Jeanie never did.

Now all she wants is a summer full of cove days, friends, and her gorgeous crush—until a fresh corpse leads Stella down a path of ancient evil and secrets. 

Stella believes remembering what happened to Jeanie will save her. It won’t.

She used to know better than to believe in what slinks through the shadows. Not anymore.
This book was a bit hard to rate. I enjoyed the suspense and the overall mystery, but I had a problem with the way things ended. 

The beginning of the book was already an okay start. I mean sure, the main character was a bit of a bitch and sure, some people *cough* *cough* Daniel, were just plain assholes. The only character I seemed to actually like was Sam and at that only to a certain degree, because he was the only person in this whole group of people who wasn't a horrible person on the inside. 

As promised in the blurb, the story was creepy --although not completely scary-- even though I might be crazy for wanting a real monster. The story was a slow to get into, but I had not trouble understanding what was happening and what (ummm really mean thoughts) Stella was thinking about her own sister.

Like seriously, she said, "...Because if I'm being honest, Jeanie would have been grown up to be nothing more than average."

Okay... Ummm... this is the second page and I already don't like you [Stella] very much. 

Although, the writing was pretty good and flowed smoothly, I wasn't too keen on the way the plot played out. It was a great plot from the start and it just started to get more bumpy. 

And just when I already got to know Stella and began to care for her just a little bit and then BOOM

I'm still trying to figure out if I liked the ending or not. I'm indecisive. I have my pros and cons and it literally stopped my heart, but I really can't make my mind about the way things ended. I don't know if what I felt about the ending was creepiness or dislike/hate. 

In the end, I rated this book a total of somewhere between 3 and 4 stars. It's not a definite answer, but this book was a great experience and I do recommended it, because it is a great story and will definitely leave a little haunting behind. And -- the cover is beautiful! 

tell me: did you read this book? do you want to read it?

No comments :

Post a Comment

under covers + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio