Friday, February 05, 2016

Review: The Rose Society (#2) by Marie Lu

Friday, February 05, 2016
The Rose Society (The Young Elites #2)
by Marie Lu 
Publisher: G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers
Series: The Young Elites #2
Genres: YA, Fantasy, Romance
Published On: October 13, 2015

Find On: Goodreads | Amazon 

Rating:

Once upon a time, a girl had a father, a prince, a society of friends. Then they betrayed her, and she destroyed them all. 

Adelina Amouteru’s heart has suffered at the hands of both family and friends, turning her down the bitter path of revenge. Now known and feared as the White Wolf, she and her sister flee Kenettra to find other Young Elites in the hopes of building her own army of allies. Her goal: to strike down the Inquisition Axis, the white-cloaked soldiers who nearly killed her. 


But Adelina is no heroine. Her powers, fed only by fear and hate, have started to grow beyond her control. She does not trust her newfound Elite friends. Teren Santoro, leader of the Inquisition, wants her dead. And her former friends, Raffaele and the Dagger Society, want to stop her thirst for vengeance. Adelina struggles to cling to the good within her. But how can someone be good, when her very existence depends on darkness?

This series has never failed to amaze me starting from The Young Elites. In The Young Elites, I fell in love with Adelina, Enzo, the story, and the sense of non-perfection (Malfettos) having power that I couldn't help, but pick up the second book as soon as I could.

Much like The Young Elites, The Rose Society was very well written and captured every moment that I loved.

I think I connected really well with this book, because over the time that I've read what's currently present in this series, I don't want it to end. I fell in love with these great characters that have so much potential in them to be legends. Most of all, I fell in love with what went through her mind and this deep pool of darkness that floats within her. They learn all this new information and collect new threats that honestly makes me anxious and very nervous for all of them. I'm sitting on the edge of my seat for whatever happens next.

"We are drawn to stories," he says in a soft voice,"and every scar carries one." - Marie Lu, The Rose Society

It was clear how her mind changes from book one to book two. I could see the growth of her character and her now fighting soul. Her complex personality and her own inner battles are what makes Adelina so interesting. 
"What is so great about being good?" - Marie Lu, The Rose Society
I can't get over this amazing world with these amazing characters and unique storyline. I NEVER will and I am a true believer that this book has the power to tear my heart into a million pieces and throw it into a blender. 

And in all, I WILL LOVE THIS BOOK TILL THE END OF TIME! :D


tell me: are you going to read this book? did you already read it? 

No comments :

Post a Comment

under covers + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio