title: Eleanor & Park
author: Rainbow Rowell
publisher: St. Martin's Press
genre: Young Adult, Romance, Contemporary
Things I liked about Eleanor & Park:
- Eleanor. Eleanor to me seemed unique, smart, and fascinating. She was always full of surprises and she didn’t care about what people said of her because she was unique and strong in her own way. I liked her because she had such nice characteristics and even though she was made fun of some parts of the story she would always stay strong and that was what made me like her even more.
- Park. I thought he was a quiet, smart, and nerdy kid because he didn’t really talk that much in the book but he seemed like a smart person. Well I knew that the story would definitely be about both of them falling in love (because of the title) but when I was reading the story I didn’t think that they matched as a couple because they were so different, but when they fell in love then I realized that they do match because sometimes people match when they are absolutely different from each other.
- The plot. I liked the plot because I thought it was cute how they met and how they fell in love. I liked how Park would sometimes stand up for Eleanor and that was really cute but I just liked the plot in general just for somethings I didn’t like.
- The cover. It was a simple but a creative cover because I thought that it definitely incorporated both of their characteristics in it and that is a reason I love the cover. I also loved the background color (like a creamy white) of the cover since it really blended in with the two figures.
- Eleanor’s Friends. They were both so nice and supportive and that was what Eleanor needed during tough times. The both of them were also the only friends that Eleanor had which was okay because they weren’t bad friends who wanted to take advantage of her.
Things I didn’t like about Eleanor & Park:
- Tina. I didn’t like how she would make fun of Eleanor all the time. She was just so rude and Eleanor had a rough time at home and had to deal with her things in the morning too. But later in the book she was slightly nicer.
- Eleanor’s mom. She didn’t even help Eleanor when her husband abused her children. I didn’t like how she just resisted her husband and didn't call the police on him. It wasn’t fair for anyone.
*Spoiler* I hated Richie! He was such a bad guy and all he did was abuse everyone or insult everyone. I didn’t like how Eleanor’s mom didn’t call the officials on him because he should’ve went to jail. I didn’t like how Park’s mom didn’t like Eleanor just because of her looks she basically judged her by her cover and I didn’t think that was fair for her. I didn’t like the ending because they should’ve been together I don’t understand why she just didn’t call the police because then everyone would’ve been safe.
Thoughts? Share and Comment Below!