Monday, October 19, 2015

Review: Matched by Ally Condie

Monday, October 19, 2015
[ It's Al Here ]
follow on: twitter 


title: Matched (#1)
author: Ally Condie
publisher: Young readers
genre: Young Adult | Romance | Science Fiction

date of publication: 30 November 2010
more: Goodreads

Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate... until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.


things I liked about Matched:

Cassia. I thought that she seemed like a nice, smart, unique person. I liked her personality and how she felt about things. In my opinion I thought she was really independent and did her own things. I liked her personality but towards the end I thought she was annoying because of all the love and confusion she had.

Xander. I liked him because he was a loyal friend and he was a good guy in general. I can understand how he felt about Cassia after what happened because I would feel a bit betrayed. I also really liked his personality because he seemed like a friendly and smart person. He also seemed like he would sacrifice many things for protecting his friends.

The cover. I liked how the cover was simple but faded to white (i have a paper version so the cover is different). It was actually a simple cover but it looked interesting because a girl was trapped in some sort of egg or bubble. I liked how the other covers looked too because in a way it tells you the story.

things I didn't like about Matched:

Ky. I thought he was so annoying and how could he even do that it was so rude. I just wanted to hurt him every time I was reading about him and Cassia. He was absolutely annoying and bad. If I could I would punch him hard to the face because he made Cassia sacrifice so much when she would've been fine.

The society. I thought it was the stupidest thing ever!! It was like you couldn't do anything like what the heck where is the freedom?! I hated the society so much because they control everything (no it is not just the simple things they control they literally control your whole life). I hated how they tell you everything is alright when its not and they basically force people to do things or else it would be their life like what is going on there?! I would never live in a place like that where everyone is being controlled because that is just horrible!

The plot. I do not like how it went with Cassia and Ky. It was so annoying both of them were annoying. I couldn't stand reading about both of them it was so ridiculous (ok as you can see i don't necessarily like love triangles but some love triangles are really good like hands down good).

*Spoiler Rant*
How could Cassia treat Xander like that?! I know they are jut friends but still he was expecting you and you just let him down like that for another guy. I hated how she treated Xander because it wasn't fair for him and he didn't deserve it, I thought that it was so rude that Cassia did that to him because it was unexpected for him and he just wanted her to be happy. Then the society was like I would hurt you if I could because who would want to live in a world when they can't even have a say about their life choses or even who they get to marry?

rating
 Thoughts? Share and Comment Down Below! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

under covers + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio